The short version
When you create an account or purchase a product from Robship we need to gather some personal information such as your name, email address and contact details. We do this so that we may offer a better service.
When you create an account with Robship this allows you to view your own shopping experience and personal information within Robship’s website and to choose whether or not to receive updates on new products and promotions.
We do not and will not pass or sell your personal information that we store on to other parties, unless required to by law. They will have to ask properly first.
All banking (credit or debit cards) use industry standard encryption.
Your credit/debit card details are not seen, collected or stored by us.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at yourPrivacy@robship.com.
The Big Read:
Our commitment to your privacy
We respect your right to privacy and your right to view and update your personal information which we hold about you. We are committed to protecting your privacy when you visit Robship.
Your personal information
Collecting your personal information for your account
Some of our services can only be accessed by opening an account (Joining). If you access any of our account services, you will need to provide us with certain personal information, including:
- Your name.
- Your email address.
You may also give your
- Your residential or postal address.
- Your contact telephone number(s).
Collectively, this is known as "your personal information".
Note: Credit card details are not handled or stored by us. They are captured directly by a PCI DSS compliant payment provider who will only deal with your personal information in accordance with their own Privacy Act.
Using your personal information
We collect and use your personal information to:
- Give you the access you need: for example, if you want to receive our email newsletters.
- Administer your membership efficiently.
- Conduct market research surveys: if you are opted-in to receiving updates on new products – such as a new line of equipment for our performance racing ropes – we will contact you via email.
- Tell you about our new products and services: for example, we may email you to let you know about new content on the site you may be interested in.
Changing your personal information
You have the right to view and change any personal information we hold about you at any time.
Comments and community contributions
When you submit a comment, your username is displayed with your comment. You can set up or change your username in your My Account profile at any time.
We do not publicly display any other personal information in our community areas. We strongly advise that you do not post your email address, home address, phone number or other personal information as part of your community contributions.
Sometimes, we might want to use the messages you post on Robship in our articles or marketing material. If so, we will endeavour to get your permission before copying or quoting your message.
Disclosing your personal information
We will not pass on, sell or rent your personal information to any third party.
- Improve our sites (for example, identify and promote popular products).
- Provide you with more targeted information (for example, personalised emails based on what you’ve viewed on our website).
Temporary cookies: We use temporary (per-session) cookies to "remember" that you have logged in. This means that you do not have to enter your email address and password more than once during a visit.
Please note: Our temporary cookies must be accepted in order to login and gain access to the My Account services on the sites.
If your browser is set to notify you when you receive a cookie, you will be prompted to accept the cookie (Yes/No). Please select "Yes".
Our temporary cookies will disappear when you logout of your member account.
Important! You should not use a “remember my login” feature via a browser unless you are the only person who has access to the browser. Never enable this feature on a public access computer as this could allow other people to access your personal information.
Third party cookies and other technologies: we use third party cookies and other technologies for marketing purposes and to gather website analytics. This includes:
- Remarketing: We use Google Analytics cookies – to keep track of the products you’re interested in and remarket them to you when you leave our site (as a result, you may see ads from Robship when you visit other websites).
- Impression reporting: we use web beacons to estimate the number of users that have viewed and clicked on our advertisements (as a result, we’re able to gauge the success of a campaign).
You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site. For more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics please visit this page.
You can also ask your browser to delete or block third party cookies: simply search online for “cookies” + the name of your internet browser (for example, “Google Chrome”) for step-by-step instructions.
If you are an account holder, we may contact you to:
- Clarify details about your membership.
- Advise you of changes to our services or new products or promotions.
- Respond to any enquiries you make.
- Provide any information necessary for the operation and security of our site.
All new Robship account holders are opted in to receive email marketing communications. You may choose to remove yourself from any email newsletter by following the "unsubscribe" prompt at the bottom of each email or by updating your preferences in your My Account profile.
Links to other websites
Our websites provide links to other websites when we consider you may be interested in the contents of those sites. We do not endorse any third party sites or their content and we have no control over the conduct of the companies or organisations operating those sites.
Before you disclose any personal information to another site, we advise you to check its terms and conditions, including its privacy and security policies.
Robship is committed to dealing quickly and appropriately with any complaint you make about your privacy.